Tools to believe and speak truth
We designed this page especially for listeners of the audiobook version of Longing to Belong: Discovering the Joy of Acceptance.
The appendix in the hardcopy of the book contains several helpful tools to help you believe and speak truth. Listeners of the audiobook (and all visitors to this website) can access those same tools from this webpage.
Listen for FREE to the first chapter of the Longing to Belong audiobook below.
Download a PDF for FREE of the Appendix of Longing to Belong.
PDF also contains Contents, Acknowledgements, and Notes.
Five words—look, list, learn, listen, and live—guide the method I use to tune my ears to the right frequency to hear from God. I modeled this five-step formula for meditating on Scriptures after a method I learned from Anne Graham Lotz. I’m convinced that journaling in this way turns up the volume of God’s still, small voice. Here’s how to begin:
- Purchase either a spiral bound notebook or a hardbound composition book (college-ruled).
- Remove the explanation of the five-step formula that follows these instructions (entitled “My Journal of Psalm 139”) from this book, and paste it onto the first page of your journal, opposite the inside of the cover.
- Turn the page so that you have blank pages on the left and right. You will complete your journaling activities on two-page spreads.
- High in the top margin of the left-hand page, write LOOK, and record the verses you are about to study (for example, “LOOK: Psalm 139:1–4”).
- Divide the left-hand page into two columns. Label them in the top margin by writing LIST in the left column and LEARN in the right column.
- In the same way, divide the right-hand page into two columns. Label the left column LISTEN and the right column LIVE.
- Use the columns to write your responses to the remaining four steps in the formula.